Gulp! Someone close to me is about to have a birthday — her last one before the 50-mile marker. How did I end up married to — how should I say this? — a woman of such advanced years?
If after that comment, my amazing wife is still reading, I’d like to share with her 13 reasons I love her. In honor of her age, I’ll break it down into 4 main reasons — and 9 supporting ones. Here goes…
4 Reasons My Wife Is Fantabulous:
- She loves her family. Kim is a committed advocate for her kids. She goes to any length to provide for her kids — in ways they don’t even know, let alone appreciate. Hang in there, honey. Some day they will.
- She really cares about people. I enjoy watching her in action, as she encourages people who come into our orbit. Whether it’s a child, an older person, someone quirky, or just an average, everyday person, my wife always has time for people. And her concern for them is genuine. Especially if it’s a baby. If it’s a baby, bar the door. My wife has a special homing device for them.
- Kim demonstrates her love for God and people by serving. Service is literally wired into her brain; it’s what makes her tick. I have never been around someone who combines skill and desire as amazingly as she does. She is the rare breed that can feed 150 people — and enjoy doing it.
- And, of course, she loves and puts up with me. Need I say more?
Okay, now for the 9 supporting reasons:
- She’s an awesome cook! It’s truly amazing that I don’t weigh 300 pounds.
- No job or task is beneath her. For example, there was the time she went to spray a wasp’s nest in our back yard. To protect herself from getting stung, she put on a giant Tweety head. There’s a picture somewhere on her facebook page, if you really want to see it.
- She is the Queen of Bargains, the Empress of Extraordinary Deals, a specialist at finding special discounts, a veritable garage sale guru.
- Related to this: she’s never owned a new car, and doesn’t expect me to buy her one.
- She easily forgives. She is simply not a grudge-holder.
- We speak the same language, but sometimes she teaches me new ways to say common English words. Thanks, honey, for your creative use of the English language!
- Dear, is this a good place to remind you how easily you forgive?
- She has a great smile!
- She has literally helped me grow, and grow up, and grow in Christ.
Thanks, honey, for nearly 26 years! I love you!
2 thoughts on “Someone I Love Is Turning 49”
Excellent and accurate description of your wife and a very sweet and thoughtful tribute! I hope she read this!