Learning from Tom Brady

Thanks to this tweet, I learned that NFL quarterback Tom Brady played in 10 Super Bowls in 20 seasons -- not counting 2 seasons where he only attempted 14 passes (his rookie year in 2000, and an injury season in 2008). That means that half the time that Brady got on the field, his season…

Why we need sabbath

Thomas Keating says, "Addictions are the ultimate way of distracting oneself from the emotional pain one is unwilling to face." He contends that as many as 98% of the western world suffers from the "the addictive process." But then he writes, "Personally, I have never met anyone from the other 2 percent!" I think he's…

23 minutes of blinking

In his book, The Body, Bill Bryson say that we blink so much each day that it's the equivalent of closing our eyes for 23 minutes. I happened to mention this to a guy who is an accounting director, and he said: That's a half hour more of work we can get out of everyone.…